7 February 2013

A portfolio of objects


Making Curry and Rice by Neil Bousfield
Making Curry and Rice
Engraved print by Neil Bousfield
Image size(mm) 100w x 80h
Drawing in Practice: A Portfolio of Objects”, is making steady progress. This will be a handmade portfolio of prints inspired by my drawings of everyday objects, drawn whilst cooking my tea. All the main engravings are completed and printed, with the front cover and end papers being engraved at the moment and text being set letterpress. Each design has been printed directly from the original engraved block, by myself, using a Vandercook proofing press. The portfolio of prints will contain 12 signed engravings, printed end papers, a title page, 12 pages of text about my practice and colophon page and will measure (mm) 195w x 275h. The portfolio is a personal manifesto expressing my passion for drawing to investigate my surroundings and record a sense of time and place.